This round of teaching, I was more of a backup, tech support type role, which was nice as I haven’t had much chance to be presenter, but asides from that, class went very well. 

The students were very engaged right from the start of our warm up and enjoyed the activities we had prepared.  The topic of television shows that they like to watch made for an engaging topic that the students were more than willing to participate and ask questions to others if something was unclear, none of the students hesitated to jump on the mic for their turn. Having them talk about something that they liked in their spare time helped to connect with each other and have them realize that many of them watch and like the same shows, but also introduced us to shows that were more regionalized to them.

Leading by example seemed to make the students a bit more confident in participating, as well as helped with getting the students involved. It wasn’t as much teacher to student interactions, but more student to student interaction which I think helps the students to feel encouraged to share and have others go oh, I watched that, here’s what I thought and lead to other conversations.

Our main activity and exit ticket went hand in hand and was a nice way to see that the students were fully listening on the conversation based on what they answered.