This was my first solo teaching session and allowed me to explore more of what I was capable of doing, both technically and what I can explain to the students. One thing that did become clear to me, I do need a bit more work with grammar, more on identifying the types of sentences. The only reason I say this is because I hadn’t fully completed the grammar unit in one of my classes, so I was missing that knowledge. 

I thought that it would be a lot more stressful by myself with the lesson planning and creating the lesson plan, but it allowed me to explore different activities that I could do with my class to get them thinking about their writing. Finding fun and engaging activities for grammar was interesting and seeing what could be done by just rearranging sentences and then get the students to figure out what the original sentence was. 

This activity showed me clearly that I need to do better at giving clear and concise instructions, but I did try to get the students to repeat back what I had said to see if they did understand, but while doing the activity and I was listening in to the breakout rooms, I did have to clarify the instructions again, but the students were able to complete the task. 

Compared to the other classes where I was teaching them about the short stories that had been picked out for the semester. This allowed me to go digging and focus on a different aspect of English and find different activities for the students to do to help them learn.